Culture of Practice with Speak Easy
Culture of Practice powered by SpeakEasy, is a revolutionary computer-based sales simulation tool designed to build effective sales habits based on your organization’s brand messaging and proven talking points. It combines the proven strategy of deliberate practice with speech recognition, creating a unique and efficient role-playing tool. Culture of Practice ensures your critical message will reach your target audience intact and with precision.
Organizations using Culture of Practice are experiencing:
- Increased Sales
- Decreased recruitment and training costs
- Reduced field management time and expense
- Shortened learning curves
- Reinforced long-term brand development
Process and Technology
The Culture of Practice works like this:
Through the process of Study, Practice, Perform – employees will improve their critical conversation skills – positioning, overcoming objections, negotiating, and closing. Employees are encouraged to practice a 20-minute weekly session which provides immediate feedback. The Culture of Practice creates an “unconscious competence”; reps learn what to say, how to say it, and when to say it.
- An employee studies the key talking points in the Study Mode. In this mode, participants will read and study the appropriate
responses by verbally repeating key phrases.
- In Practice Mode, employees will demonstrate their ability to verbalize talking points with little to no help.
- When the employee has succeeded the Practice Mode, Culture of Practice will take them to the Perform Mode. In the perform mode, employees are able to test their response to the customer statement.
- When finished, participants will listen to their audio and self-score the responses to see if it reflects your company’s best practices. Once complete, the audio will upload for a manager to review. Culture of Practice is a web-based sales force and customer contact development tool, using speech recognition that helps maximize the ROI on development resources. It provides actionable reports with access to individual, regional, and organizational data providing management with the tools they need.
The Research Behind It
Culture of Practice has proven that adopting complex messaging doesn’t have to be difficult. After regular classroom lessons,
participants report knowing and being able to effectively convey only 10% of the key messaging taught. When Culture of Practice is used in place of classroom training, there is an 85% message retention in participants.
- Culture of Practice allows participants the opportunity to practice and master talking points most effective in critical situations.
- Highly-focused practice is critical to top performance in ANY field.
- Learning is similar to exercise; easy activities will produce little benefit. NO PAIN - NO GAIN.
- The human brain needs to be stressed in order to effectively learn, and that’s why concentrated practice is incredibly effective.
To view an instructional video, please click here.