Remember the kid in elementary school who always got the gold star stickers on their homework? Or the captain of the basketball team who always seemed to make the right move?
Every classroom and sports team had its leaders when you were younger, and every office and staff has its leaders today. These are the employees who know how to adapt to any change (new product, new process) and overcome any obstacle (distraction caused by a recent merger, turnover, pricing). Teachers and coaches held their star players up as examples for the rest of the team to work towards, and in order to turn Best Practices into Common Practices, your company should operate in much the same way.
The difference between our Best Practices tool and other, more standard methods? We go straight to the source—the star players-to get their tips, tools, strategies and ideas, and allow employees to share directly with each other ways to enhance their own personal improvement. By creating this open flow of dialogue, employees are much more likely to share their own Success Stories, and, most importantly, learn from others’ Success Stories.
Benefits for Employees
- Empowers and Motivates: Employees are empowered and motivated when their company rewards and showcases their ideas of Best Practices.
- Encourages Creative Thinking: Best Practice recognition encourages employees to develop new and creative ways to perform their day-to-day tasks.
- Builds Loyalty: Those who are recognized for their Best Practices feel appreciated and valued and, as a result, are more likely to be stellar, long-term employees.
- Fosters Communication: The sharing of Best Practices fosters communication among employees and between managers and employees.
- Promotes Knowledge Sharing: Practical knowledge is easily shared throughout all levels of your organization.
- Increases Top Performance: An understanding of Best Practices spread throughout your organization gives everyone the tools to perform at a higher level.
- Encourages Teamwork and Collaboration: Employees benefit from working together to adopt Best Practices and improve their own performance.
- Inspires Continuous Improvement: Best Practice recognition inspires employees to keep developing new and better ways to perform their jobs. The online tool makes it easy to submit personal Best Practices-and to adopt those submitted by others.
- Builds Efficiency: Best Practices create company-wide efficiency and excellence.
Benefits for Managers
- Provides Recognition Opportunities: Best Practice recognition gives managers the opportunity to commend and encourage their employees, both formally and informally.
- Provides Coaching Opportunities: Managers can work with their team members to create, refine, and showcase their Best Practices.
- Drives Communication: Posting Best Practices online makes them easily accessible for review and discussion as a team or during a one-on-one meeting.
How It Works
- The employee uses a simple, online form to describe and submit a Best Practice.
- The Administrator (or Administrative Team) receives an email alert announcing that a Best Practice has been submitted.
- The Best Practice is reviewed and determined worthy of a Points reward and/or posting on the Rewards and Recognition website.
- The employee who submitted the Best Practice receives an email regarding its status and, if applicable, a reward of Points redeemable for merchandise.
- The top Best Practices are posted on the website for all to view.