Success Stories/Best Practices
Every team has its star players. These are the people that no matter what change (new product, new process) or obstacle (distraction caused from a recent merger, turnover, pricing) comes their way, they figure out a way to improve and eventually excel. How do these people do it? What are their stories? We believe their stories are so powerful that we need to “capture and tell” them in a manner whereby others can learn, incorporate the best tips, and achieve their own improvement. This will create infinitely more Success Stories.
Best Practices is an easy-to-use online tool that collects, posts, rates, and rewards Best Practices. Your entire organization will benefit from sharing practices that exemplify efficiency, quality, and “doing it right.”
Benefits For Employees
- Empowers and Motivates: Employees are empowered and motivated when their company rewards and showcases their Best Practices.
- Encourages Creative Thinking: Best Practice recognition encourages employees to develop new and creative ways to perform their day-to-day tasks.
- Builds Loyalty: Those who are recognized for their Best Practices feel appreciated and valued and, as a result, are most likely to be stellar, long-term employees.
- Fosters Communication: The sharing of Best Practices fosters communication among employees and between managers and employees.
- Promotes Knowledge Sharing: The practical knowledge embodied in Best Practices is ideal for sharing throughout your organization.
- Increases Top Performance: When knowledge of Best Practices spreads throughout your organization, everyone has the tools to perform at a high level.
- Encourages Teamwork and Collaboration: Employees benefit from working together to adopt Best Practices and improve.
- Inspires Continuous Improvement: Best Practice recognition inspires employees to keep developing new and better ways to perform their jobs. Plus, the online tool makes it easy to submit Best Practices—and to adopt those submitted by others.
- Builds Efficiency: Best Practices create enterprise-wide efficiency and excellence.
Benefits for Managers
- Provides Recognition Opportunities: Best Practice recognition gives managers the opportunity to commend—and encourage—their employees, both formally and informally.
- Provides Coaching Opportunities: Managers can work with their team members to create, refine, and showcase their Best Practices.
- Drives Communication: The Best Practices posted online are great to review and discuss at a team meeting or one-on-one.
The Best Practice tool works like this
- The employee uses a simple, online form to describe and submit a Best Practice.
- The Administrator (or Administrative Team) receives an email alert announcing that a Best Practice has been submitted.
- The Best Practice is reviewed and determined worthy of a Points reward and/or posting on the Rewards and Recognition website.
- The employee who submitted the Best Practice receives an email regarding its status and, if applicable, a reward of Points, redeemable for merchandise.
- The top Best Practices are posted on the website for all to view.